The GRASS session last Wednesday was great, and we heard a lot of feedback from you guys. In case you missed it, here is a summary of some of the common pain points for students in SUTD.
1. Misc Feedback
- Digital World
- Voca crashing, Exams encouraging memorization of code.
- Lack of transparency in Housing allocation for GEXP students.
- Lack of study break between project submission and finals.
- Removal of modules e.g. materials science
- A lack of study spaces was discussed, especially at night for those who do not stay in hostel.
- A trial for Night Study Rooms is being planned to run for the whole term, to gauge the response and utilization from the student body.
- We noticed that there is a lack of awareness about some of the study/discussion rooms available to students. We are working on it, but in the meantime here is a list of some study spaces available during office hours for the pillar year students.
- Do feedback to us if this list is incomplete/incorrect.
- Compiled list of study spaces: (Office Hours)
- Systems Design Studio (1.615)
- Data Analytics Lab (1.610)
- Digital Systems Lab (2.412)
- ARMS Lab (2.313, 2.314, 1.712)
- Characterization Lab* (2.614, 2.615)
- ASD Studios
- Outside LT1 (No power sockets)
- Many of you guys are asking about the availability of lockers for rent.
- Unfortunately, there are no lockers available for this term, a mass email will be sent out when applications re-open.
- The number of lockers made available will depend on the number of applications.
4. Dialogue with Senior Management
- To best represent the student voice, ROOT is collecting questions from students for the Q&A session.
- These can be any kinds of questions:
- Grading/ curriculum, facilities management policies, scholarship requirements, etc.
- The question form is still open, and we want to be able to best represent the student body during the Q&A, so keep the questions coming.
- Food tasting for the Malay food stall has completed and will be opening soon.
- We have also noted the feedback about Canteen hygiene and service standards.
- ROOT will be working with the new Director of OCIF on impactful solutions for both short- and long-term issues.
- A new feedback platform on F&B in SUTD is also coming within the next few days to collect more feedback on these issues.